It is my pleasure to invite you to BAGECO 2023 in Copenhagen!
Over the last decades, the bi-annual BAGECO symposium has established itself as a leading European conference in Bacterial genetics and ecology and having to postpone the symposium for two years because of the COVID-19 pandemic has been a great loss. Therefore, I am thrilled to finally announce the upcoming symposium BAGECO 2023 – interactions across microbial ecosystems, to be held in Copenhagen. It will unite world-class researchers with complementary expertise spanning areas such as single cell analysis or community ecology and encompass a wide spectrum of experimental and computational tools. BAGECO 2023 will thus, once again, connect leading scientists in academia and industry in order to debate current challenges and future directions in the broad fields of microbiology, microbial ecology, metagenomics.
The BAGECO 2023 symposium will highlight current knowledge on microbiome dynamics, instrumental for:
- Host-microbe symbioses (host-microbe interactions in animal and plants systems)
- Microbe-microbe interactions (bacteria-virus-fungi interactions in host systems and in biofilms)
- Horizontal gene transfer and barriers (MGEs, AMRs and defense systems)
- New approaches/technologies in microbial ecology (recent breakthroughs in infrastructure, bioinformatic tools, and methodologies that can be applied)
- Microbes and the green transition (applied aspects of microbiology in agro- and biotech with special focus on climate change and green transition)
The programme is being designed and suited to encourage the participation of early- and mid-career scientists, who wish to disseminate their research in a highly interactive symposium, as well as to accommodate our industry partners showcasing the newest advancements in Industry.
The symposium will provide plenty of opportunities for you to interact and share your work with renowned scientists in the field, while experiencing the unique culture and atmosphere in charming and modern Copenhagen.
I am looking forward to welcoming you to Copenhagen in June 2023!
Søren Johannes Sørensen
Head of Section of Microbiology, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen