Abstract submission is closed
- Horizontal gene transfer and barriers (this can encompass all MGEs, AMRs and defense systems)
- Host-microbe symbioses (this can encompass host-microbe interactions in animal and plants systems)
- Microbe-microbe interactions (this can encompass bacteria-virus-fungi interactions in host systems and in biofilms)
- Microbes and the green transition (this can encompass all more applied aspects of microbiology in agro- and biotech with special focus on climate change and green transition)
- New approached/technologies in microbial ecology (this can encompass all the recent breakthroughs in infrastructure, bioinformatic tools, and methodologies that can be applied)
A. General conditions
1. Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
2. Abstracts must be submitted by 15 April 2023 (23:59 CET)
3. Abstracts must be submitted in English.
4. Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website. By submitting an abstract you consent to giving BAGECO 2023 permission to publish your abstract.
5. Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the BAGECO Conference Organisers.
B. Presenting author and registration
1. The presenting author must register as an active participant at the conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
2. BAGECO reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
C. Contents of your abstract
1. The abstract word limit is max. 400 words per abstract.
2. The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
3. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s) when you submit your abstract online.
4. The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
5. All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
6. Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
7. References: A maximum of five literature references may be added at the end of the abstract text. For each reference you can only state the first author’s name and bibliography (not the title of the paper).
1. The scientific committee will review the abstract.
2. Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent directly to all presenting authors (and submitters) by email.
3. It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines for research involving humans and/or animals. The BAGECO Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
4. Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
For all enquiries regarding the abstract submission, please contact the Conference Organisers at: email@example.com